Saturday, April 20, 2013

Shannon Brown Not A Happy Camper

Remember the good old days when Shannon Brown was Illinois' "Mr. Basketball"? And more recently, when he participated in Sprite's All-Star Weekend "Dunk Challenge"? Not to mention those two Championships he snagged with the Los Angeles Lakers?

Well right now, Brown is benched, and unhappy to say the least.

The 27-year old guard has been sitting on the Phoenix Suns' bench for roughly two months now, and has had enough.

"For some reason, they want to cut my legs from under me. I know I’m built for it. I did a great job of holding my composure and not letting it get to me to where I did something detrimental to my career. I showed a lot of character by sitting back while I was taken advantage of in a lot of ways. I’ve done everything asked of me in practice and made sure to show these people what time it is. It definitely hurts to sit on the bench, watching us lose night in and night out knowing I can help and being lied to. It’s been a crazy year. I’m just glad I made it through."

Obviously the Suns have a lot of work to do, and their problems go beyond having an angry player on the roster (I mean, seriously, their current coach is Lindsey Hunter...), but even so, one can only hope Brown figures out a situation for himself, and fast.

"The part that hurts most is, whenever I step on the court, I give whatever I got even though it might not be the best situation. I give it all until it hurts. It hurts even more when you’re always fighting an uphill mountain-climb battle with no gear, butt-naked out there, clawing and scratching."

 

No comments:

Post a Comment