Thursday, July 5, 2012

Ask and You Shall Receive...

In my last entry, I posed the question of where Steve Nash would end up. And lo and behold, less than 24 hours later, I have an answer. The former Phoenix Sun, and all-time great, is headed to the city where dreams come true. Officially, Steve Nash is now a Los Angeles Laker. The Suns and Lakers came to an agreement yesterday night, sending Nash to LA for two future first and two future second-round picks. While I don't think Nash has too much left in him, I'm looking forward to him playing besides Kobe Bryant. And hey, sometimes change is just what someone needs...

Another big story is the Troy Garity lookalike Landry Fields being offered a 3 year, $20 million contract by the Toronto Raptors. And while the New York Knicks have three days to match this number, it seems with all the recent criticism, especially following Carmelo Anthony's trade, they may be looking for a new squad.

And speaking of matching offers, it looks like Eric Gordon won't be leaving New Orleans after all...it was announced yesterday that the Hornets have matched the 4 year, $58 million offer sheet that the Phoenix Suns presented him with. Too bad, so sad.

Now that I've knocked one question off of my latest list, I foresee the topic of Jeremy Lin soon being clarified. For now, nothing is set in stone. While the Houston Rockets have come to him with an offer (supposedly including back-loaded money which hits the Knicks hard on luxury tax), he has yet to make a decision. With the Rockets being one of my least favorite NBA teams, I'd rather him go almost anywhere but there, but I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment